Asian Spiced Duck Breast
- 2 duck breast halves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Preparation: 10min Cook: 30min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Use a sharp knife to score across the duck breasts 4 times through the skin and fat but just barely to the meat. Rub the skin with salt and black pepper.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Lay the breasts in the pan skin-side down and fry until the skin is brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Discard any excess fat from the bottom of the pan. Turn the breasts over and cook for 1 minute.
- Place the pan into the oven; roast duck for 15 minutes or until cooked as desired.
- Remove the duck breasts from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Remove excess fat from the pan. Add the stock, honey, soy sauce, ginger, bbq sauce, and lime juice to the pan. Stir the sauce over high heat, bring to a boil and cook until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Slice the duck breasts thinly, and serve on a bed of rice.