Char Sui Fried Rice
Preparation Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 15 mins
- 400g char sui pork, sliced thinly
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 Spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup green peas
- 50g bean sprouts
- 2 tblsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 30g fried rice seasoning or oyster sauce
- 5 tblsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup fried shallots
- Heat oil in a large wok and sauté the garlic, spring onions and carrot for 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
- Add the beaten egg to the wok to make a large omelet. Remove and roll.
- Add a little more oil to the wok and fry the fried rice seasoning for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and pork. Stir fry for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Toss through the vegetables and bean sprouts.
- Season with soy sauce and salt and pepper.
- Serve hot garnished with the thinly sliced egg.