Sticky BBQ American Pork Ribs with Potato Salad
- 2kg America Pork ribs
- ½ cup water
- 3/4 BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoons Fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger
- 500g potatoes, cut into cubes
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ cup egg mayonnaise
- ¼ red onion, thinly diced
- ½ cup of bacon bits or diced ham
- ¼ cup basil, ripped
- Grill apple
- Grilled corn
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl and place the ribs in the marinade and refrigerate overnight or for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the ribs from the bowl and place them on a roasting pan along with ¼ cup of water. Keep the bowl of marinade to the side.
- Cover the roasting pan with foil and bake for 1.5 hours until ribs are tender.
- Turn the oven up to 180 degrees Celsius and remove the foil.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with the leftover marinade.
- For the potato salad, boil the cubed potatoes until soft.
- Mix potatoes well with the mayonnaise, red onion, bacon, basil and lemon juice.
- Brush the ribs one last time with pan juices and serve with potato salad, apple and corn cobs.